trouble installing PDK 9.5.1 with ActivePerl 5.22 on OS X 10.11.5

Posted by alainschuermans on 2016-07-19 00:31

After many tries to get PDK 9.5.1. set up on my Mac (upgrading from PDK 9.3 and ActivePerl 5.18) I finally uninstalled all ActivePerl versions and PDK, including Library/Application Support, preferences, emptied caches etc. I reinstalled ActivePerl and the PDK, but still no go.

The GUI returns the following error at launch: '/usr/bin/perl' has inconsistent binexp value in Config.pm
The command line app returns this message: Panic: Some symbols not resolvable from /usr/local/ActivePerl-5.22/lib/CORE/libperl.dylib

perl -v returns: This is perl 5, version 22, subversion 2 (v5.22.2) built for darwin-thread-multi-2level
perlapp-gui -v returns: perlapp-gui 9.5.1 build 300018

Perl itself works fine and the same setup works also with Windows.

i-shenl
ActiveState Staff
Tue, 2016-07-19 07:48

The GUI (assuming you are running perlapp) is saying that PDK has linked to the default perl that came with your system instead of ActivePerl itself. That is why it's choking.

The order that you install these will matter because PDK only links with ActivePerl during PDK's installation.

After installing ActivePerl and before installing PDK, you also need to set up the PATH variable to point to bin/ folder of your ActivePerl installation. The instructions can be found here:
http://docs.activestate.com/activeperl/5.22/install.html#os%20x%20instal...

The first step is to uninstall PDK.

Then check your PATH variable to verify that ActivePerl is set in it. If it isn't, set it.

Then install PDK again.

alainschuermans | Thu, 2016-07-28 01:53

I tried uninstalling everything and setting the path variable, but this does not help, I get the same error message.

$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.22/site/bin:/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.22/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin

perl -v
This is perl 5, version 22, subversion 2 (v5.22.2) built for darwin-thread-multi-2level

What else can I try/check?