Tcl checker in TDK 5.4.0 reports lots more warnUndefinedVar than 5.3

Posted by none on 2014-12-10 10:36
Forums: TDK support | OS: Windows XP Pro

I have a script that ran clean with tclchecker from TDK5.3 but under the version of tclchecker from TDK5.4.0, it reports almost 800 undefined variables. The script uses the snit package and it appears most of these are related to snit variables. It appears that the checker is complaining about the same variables over and over. The previous version of the checker also complained about these variables, but it seemed like adding a single "#checker exclude warnUndefinedVar" was sufficient to eliminate the warnings for all uses of that variable. Now it appears that I need to add "#checker" comment to every reference to the variable.

The undefinedVar warning has been useful to me in the past, but now there are so many warnings, that "real" errors are lost in the noise. Is there any switch or configuration that will make the new version behave more like the previous?

Thanks,
-paul

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Wed, 2014-12-10 13:54

Can you open a ticket with support@activestate.com? Please include a minimal script which shows/triggers the "undefined variable" message.

none | Sun, 2014-12-14 21:03

Opened as bug 105952