Known Issues for TDK 5.4.x
- Release Notes information on changes for 5.4.0 will not be available.
- Installation Guide/System Requirements
Windows versions should include 7, 8, 10, 2008, and 2012.
OS X versions should be 10.5 to 10.10
- All versions: Code Profiling
Memory usage is not capped. If the profiler is left running for long periods, the accumulating statistics will eventually exhaust the system memory. Do not run the profiler for extended periods.
- OS X compatibility.
In 5.4.0, TclApp still has a dependence on /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib, which is not available on Yosemite. TclApp crashes silently on startup.
5.4.1 may encounter issues on El Capitan and Sierra.
- Custom Icons on Windows
As of Vista, Windows .ico files can and will contain PNG data. Since PNG data compresses with variable results, and the custom icon feature requires exactly predictable file sizes, icons with PNG data are incompatible with the custom icon feature.
- In 5.4.0, Tclchecker does not handle Tk correctly.
- TclXref crashes on startup in 5.4.0 and 5.4.1. Use 5.3.0 instead.
- Services built with TclSvc will crash on Windows if DEP is enabled and the service is written to throw an exception during the C++ package init. This is by design. Disable DEP as a work-around or remove the exception case.