No starkit due to no "base-tcl-<platform>" and "base-tk-<platform>" on the installation folder

Posted by andilee on 2014-04-01 03:52
Forums: TDK support | OS: Other Linux

Hay Guys,
I am a new user to this TDK. Lately I found some issues when using the evaluation version of tclapp.

I download the evaluation package for linux x64 machine by choosing Linux(x86_64) from : Download Site. After I installed it on my machine, please notice that it doesn't have any base-tcl- and base-tk- folder.

My objection is to use TclApp to warp a file which might be used into another machine. So I execute: tclapp input.tcl without -prefix since I can't find any base-tcl- and base-tk- on my installation directory, however I got "can't find starkit" when I execute the output file.

From Example , it seems like there are other way to solve this problem which is
using tclapp GUI. However when I apply the same setting as the
Example , I found Package 'tbcload' tap definition ignored due to platform
mismatch. The pacakage is for platform 'linux-x86_64' An acceptable platform would have been '*' package 'tbcload is redirect' is not known (Specified, Not recoverable) Aborting Done with errors, please read the log

Can anyone guide me on this?

NB:I have tried to upload some pictures to this forum but I also got some error :(

Thank you in advance!
Best regards, Andi.

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Tue, 2014-04-01 07:02

It sounds like you missed installing the pre-requisites. The Tcl Dev Kit can't include a Tcl by default because of the license terms.

http://docs.activestate.com/tdk/5.3/Installation.html#sysreqs

ActiveTcl needs to be present to supply the basekits. Advanced users can build their own basekits later on, but ActiveTcl needs to be on $PATH when the TDK installer is run, so that the Dev Kit can configure to use it, so you will need to uninstall the TDK, and re-install after you have ActiveTcl.

andilee | Tue, 2014-04-01 23:09

Hay Grahams,
I really appreciate your fast respond. Thank you! I can see that I can get the base-tcl- and base-tk- on my machine after the installation of ActiveTcl.

File after installation

After that I execute tclapp -format base-tk8.6-thread-linux-x86_64 -out output_file input.tcl however I got
Error. I don't know what should I do with this tdbc1.0b17.tapr.

I also tried to use using GUI but I got Error

FYI, during the TDK re-installation, I also see some $PATH-related information, however i didn't know the meaning behind that.Installation_GUI

Did I missed something on my working step?

Thank you in advance,
Andi