RESOLVED SITE ISSUE (was "403 Forbidden Error When Installing Crypt-SSLeay")

Posted by todd.martin on 2014-02-13 06:45
Forums: PPM | OS: Windows 7

When I try to install the module Crypt-SSLeay, I get the message "install failed: 403 Forbidden". I've tried installing from ppm gui and from the ppm prompt and get the same results in both places. Any suggestions?

I am using Perl version 5.14.2 and PPM version 4.14 on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop.

Thank you

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Thu, 2014-02-13 09:32

We're apparently loosing at least one disk drive on the community site cluster. PPM, PyPM, and TEApot are all affected to varying degrees.

todd.martin | Mon, 2014-03-17 06:41

Is there still an issue with the community site cluster since my initial post 4 weeks ago? I just tried installing Crypt-SSLeay again and am still getting the same "403 Forbidden.." response. Thank you.

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Mon, 2014-03-17 13:17

Crypt-SSLeay is downloading to my testbeds. There are lots of recent "200" success logs from the page in the recent history, and no sign of any recent 4xx logs.

Is it possible they could be coming from somewhere between your system and ours?

todd.martin | Tue, 2014-03-18 04:09

Sure, I guess it could be possible that something could be happening between my system and ActiveState. When I open up the GUI version of ppm, I see "Synchronizing Database...", then "Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...forbidden",then "Downloading uwinnipeg packlist...not modified" and finally "Synchronizing Database done". Is it strange that I'm seeing "forbidden" there as well?