Mavericks Uninstall of 8.6

Posted by grumpyimp on 2014-01-17 08:38

I installed 8.6 not aware that it would not properly be recognized by IDLE within the OS. Followed the directives to the location in Library to run the uninstall script. It states Uninstall file urls... and then exits. All instances of the software still appear to be there, so I'm not certain what has actually happened (am I supposed to manually remove the folders at this point?). Trying to get some clarification on this, as it doesn't seem to match the expected output.

Any advice would be appreciated. Just to clarify I am using sudo and I even went so far as to chmod to 755 for executable.

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Thu, 2014-02-06 15:19

http://docs.activestate.com/activetcl/8.6/at.install.html#uninstall

It turns out to be the same as for Mt. Lion.

I needed to do a
sudo chmod 755 /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions//Resources/Scripts/uninstall
then
sudo /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions//Resources/Scripts/uninstall

It successfully removed everything except the /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions folder and the /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions folder, both of which can be manually removed if there are no other ActiveTcl versions installed. If there are other ActiveTcl versions, and you want to remove those too, they will have their own uninstall script under the different folder.

If you had Tcl modules installed using Teacup, you might have more folders left. The uninstallers would not know to remove your module repository, but if the rest of ActiveTcl is gone, those directories can also be deleted by hand safely.