Stackato 2.10.X Logyard not destroying all tcp connections when it is closed

Posted by lorned on 2013-09-17 13:35
OS: All / Any | Product: Stackato | tags: 2.10.4 2.10.6 logyard patch stackato
Question: 

I've noticed that when I close a drain, logyard does not tear down all of its connections and leaves one running. I'm worried about hitting my system ulimit, is there anything that can be done about this?

Answer: 

This is a bug with logyard. We've created a new binary that will correct the issue and tear down all of your tcp connections properly. This can be patched in to your stackato system via the following instructions

###2.10.4
You can download your patch from http://get.stackato.com/patch/2.10/stackato-2.10.4-logyard-connection.sh. You should upload this patch to all nodes. The patch can be installed via 'sh stackato-2.10.4-logyard-connection.sh'. Note that this patch will restart several logyard related processes, so you should expect to see some traffic in your cloud events in the admin console. After you run this patch you should not need to restart anything else.

###2.10.6
This patch can be installed via the kato patch command from a terminal session. After accessing one of your nodes in a terminal session, execute 'kato patch status' to update your machine with the most recent patch manifest. After you've done this, execute 'kato patch install'. This will kick off the patch install process on all of your nodes (you'll be prompted for sudo passwords, and also ssh passwords if you haven't set up passwordless authentication between the node you're running the command on and the rest of your cluster). Note that this patch will restart several logyard related processes, so you should expect to see some traffic in your cloud events in the admin console.