Komodo's code intelligence system will scan multiple directories. Generally these are the locations Komodo will scan:
- Current directory - any files residing in the same directory of the current editing file.
- Project directory - the base directory of the project is recursively scanned (can be disabled by the "Include all files and directories from the project base directory" preference).
- Additional include directory preferences - Any directory that has been added to the "Languages > Lang > Include Directories" preferences are scanned recursively.
- Language interpreter include directories - any directories included by the language interpreter (i.e. language executable), such as PHP's php.ini settings, or Python's sys.path settings.
- API Catalogs - any API catalogs that have not yet been scanned.
- Stdlib - the language stdlib, if it's the first Komodo start, or the stdlib has changed.