ActivePerl discussion

Perl and ActivePerl usage questions; Perl practices and programming questions; Perl questions that don't fit other categories

Perl CVE-2013-1667 Input Rehashing Denial of Service Vulnerability

Does this apply to active perl I know that it applies to the more generic version of Perl 5.14.x. Will ActiveState release a product specific patch to address this issue?

Wide character error

I'm having a problem with a script called Pod_feeder. This script posts news feeds to the social media site diaspora. I'm NOT a coder so thats why I need help now....
The script works sometimes and sometimes I get an error wide character xml::simple at line 470. I've been trying to find a solution for this and the only thing I've been able to come up with is that the script needs to be changed so that line 470 posts the news story with utf8 instead of unicode. any help would be greatly appreciated!!! These are the lines causing the error.

if( $response->is_success ){

install of perl on win ce 6.0

Trying to install and run perl on Win CE 6.0

I am trying to run perl on a Win CE Allen Bradley Panel View Plus HMI

It has Win CE 6.0

I tried 2 binaries which I downloaded they are perl-wince-x86-palm-wce211 and perl-wince-x86-pocket-wce300

I had found the following installer and tried it, (the device didn't seem to have the registry command so I couldn't do the registry bits but I thought it might run anyway my script with perl anyway.

\Storage Card2\ is where the bin and lib directories are located.

@echo off
copy \Storage Card2\bin\perl.dll \Windows

Triggering non-english characters in regular expressions

Hello, can I get an advice how to correctly build regular expressions that properly trigger various non-english characters from extended character set, such as á, ü etc. Simply putting the letters as-is into regexp doesn't match them in searched pattern, either because of code page mismatch or something different,
thank you for any helpful info.

can't install GnuPG::Interface

When I try to do this : cpan install GnuPG::Interface
either on Strawberry or Activeperl ( windows ) I get this error :
(I tried 32 bit version too )

CPAN: File::Temp loaded ok (v0.2304)
CPAN: YAML::XS loaded ok (v0.66)
CPAN: CPAN::Meta::Requirements loaded ok (v2.140)
CPAN: Parse::CPAN::Meta loaded ok (v2.150010)
CPAN: CPAN::Meta loaded ok (v2.150010)
CPAN: Module::CoreList loaded ok (v5.20170821)
Configuring A/AL/ALEXMV/GnuPG-Interface-0.52.tar.gz with Makefile.PL
which gpg ... 'which' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Lookbehind error

In Perl 5.24

I am getting a "Variable length lookbehind not implemented" error in the following one line Perl script:

$patt = qr((?i)(?<!Administ)(?<!A)c);

yet when I run the following I get no error:

$patt = qr((?i)(?<!Abcdefgh)(?<!A)C);

I don't get this error when running Perl 5.8.

This looks a bug. How do I proceed? Does anyone have a workaround?


Difference in license Type


Is there any difference between the license type "ActivePerl Business Edition Silver" and "ActivePerl Business Edition" ?

Please clarify on this.

SOLVED: Pass windows paths from batch script to perl script (backslash double-quote issue)

When attempting to pass a windows path with spaces from a batch script, we have to double-quote the path string. A windows path usually ends with a backslash. Surrounding the path with double-quotes creates a trailing \", which is interpreted as double-quote. Example:

===== 8< test.bat ====
C:\perl\bin\perl.exe "%~dp0%"
===== 8< =====
print $ARGV[0],"\n";
C:\my test> .\test.bat
C:\my test"

Very Simple Need

I'm completely new to PERL, and here, so I don't know if this is even the correct forum for my need. If not, please let me know where to post.

I have a need that should be so super simple, yet I've been searching for every scripting product I can find but they're all so overwhelming the understand, and I'm in a great time crunch. Also this is for a zero budget volunteer organization that my wife uses. My need is as follows:

ActivePerl 5.24.1 32bit ExtUtils::CBuilder link fails on trivial XS; returns non-existent file

Key problem this code:

my $lib = $cb->link(
objects => [$obj],
module_name => 'Foo',
extra_linker_flags => [],

Returns Foo.dll, but not Foo.dll is generated. Key diagnostic appears to be:

n:/lang/perl/active~1/x86/v524~1.1/site/lib/auto/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: skipping incompatible N:\lang\perl\activestate\x86\v5.24.1\lib\CORE/libperl524.a when searching for -lperl524

Expected behavior: